OwnBackup is a rapidly growing organization that empowers its people to innovate, test, and implement their ideas. With a focus on having fun, moving forward, and great execution we develop and deliver our market leading products to our customers worldwide.
We believe that every employee in the company can and should make an impact every day, and we empower them to do so. If you are self-motivated, like to take initiative and are a great team player you will love working here.
The VP of Engineering role
OwnBackup is searching for an amazing leader that wants to empower and build a team of experienced, mission-driven software engineers. As the VP of Engineering at OwnBackup, you’ll embrace the role of enabling others. You’ll work hand in hand with our technical leadership to make sure that everyone on your team understands where we’re going and why. While we expect that you are a great technical thinker, you also need to understand that you shouldn’t be making all the decisions. You are charged with enabling your team, protecting their creativity, embracing great ideas but will step in when necessary to help align the team to the company’s vision.
- As a member of the product leadership team, you will contribute significantly to overall product and organizational strategy. You’ll work collaboratively with your counterparts in Technical Leadership and Product Management to ensure that we’re delivering excellent experiences to our customers
- Responsible for the entire software development lifecycle process — development, QA, operations & delivery.
- Responsible for the software that enables hundreds of enterprises to operate more confidently in the cloud.
- Lead the team to results that matter. Help ensure that the engineering organization is focused and aligned to deliver on key mission and company-level goals.
- At least 12 years of tech experience including leading a team of 10+ engineers, mangers and associated roles.
- Solid understanding of the product development lifecycle process, including analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release and deployment
- A technical background and a track record of creating successful products and teams.
- A history of coaching, managing and developing amazing talent.
- Experience in building and scaling best in class tech teams.
- A “Can-Do”, Pro-active attitude and mindset.
- B2B SaaS background.
- Strong attendance to business needs and converting them to working and effective products
- Strong experience with Agile scrum
- A Passion for technology!