Salesforce® Backup and Recovery, Secured for the U.S. Government and Highly-Regulated Industries
The U.S. Government and government contractors, educational institutions, and research organizations are faced with unique data hosting challenges. OwnBackup offers organizations with strict regulatory and compliance requirements and sensitive data a cost-effective, Salesforce data protection and disaster recovery solution. OwnBackup GovCloud is an isolated cloud region that allows you to maintain your compliance across your Salesforce data backups, while still leveraging the cloud.
With isolated data and networking machines, OwnBackup GovCloud gives its customers the flexibility to architect even the most restricted solutions. As a partitioned infrastructure, OwnBackup GovCloud was created for use by U.S. federal, state, and local government, as well as government contractors. Customer data is processed and stored solely within the continental U.S.
From its inception, OwnBackup has taken privacy and security very seriously. Our platform was built from the ground up with security in mind, utilizing leading information-security best practices. OwnBackup’s security features ensure:
• Encryption in transit via TLS 1.2
• FIPS 140-2 validated encryption
• Encryption at rest (AES-256) and in transmission
• Multi-factor, Single-Sign-On (SSO), and IP address Restrictions
• All activities are logged, audited, and monitored
• A comprehensive information security program, with annual SOC 2 Type II third-party audits
For many organizations, maintaining a comprehensive encryption key management system is essential for protecting data in the cloud. OwnBackup’s Advanced Key Management provides organizations an easy-to-use dashboard to manage their encryption keys. Customers with Advanced Key Management enabled can:
• Submit, rotate, and revoke their own encryption keys.
• Back up and recover Salesforce® Shield encrypted fields and encryption keys.