On this day in 2015, OwnBackup was founded with a simple belief: no company operating in the cloud should ever lose data. Today, as I celebrate our company’s sixth birthday, this mission seems more important than ever. More and more companies are realizing the importance of building greater resiliency into their business. And that’s exactly what we’re able to give to customers with our cloud data protection solution.
Now, admittedly, six years is not traditionally a significant anniversary. But when you consider that only about half of all startups survive past five years, a sixth birthday seems that much more impressive.
So, in honor of our sixth birthday, here are six milestones we’ve reached in the past 12 months:
1. Customers: We now have over 3,000 customers, with more being onboarded each day. Our customers range from small businesses to enterprises and represent industries like Healthcare, Financial Services, Non-Profit, Manufacturing, Insurance, Education, and others.
2. AppExchange Reviews: Of all of our milestones, I’m most proud of our ability to consistently deliver for our customers and exceed their expectations. As I write this, we have 345 5-star reviews on the Salesforce AppExchange, 4.5x more than the next closest competitor.
3. Funding: One of the biggest drivers of our success over the past six years has been the incredible support from our investors, including Insight Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Sapphire Ventures, and Vertex Ventures. In the past 12 months alone, we raised $50 million in July, as well an additional $167.5 million just this past January. Even more exciting is that the latest round brought our valuation to $1.4 billion, making us New Jersey’s first enterprise SaaS “unicorn”!
4. Products: When we began, we were solely a backup and recovery tool for Salesforce. Today we are a multi-product company with OwnBackup Recover, Archive, and Sandbox Seeding, and have introduced game-changing enhancements like Bring Your Own Key, expanded Data Export capabilities, Blockchain Verify and countless others.
5. Employees: A company doesn’t achieve the kind of success OwnBackup has had without incredibly talented and dedicated people. We’ve grown from 11 employees at the end of 2016 to nearly 350 employees today. We’re continuing to hire across nearly every department, so check out our open positions.
6. Locations: After operating solely out of New Jersey and Tel Aviv for our first four years, we opened an office in London in 2019 to expand our presence in Europe. And just this past year, we’ve started building teams in France and Australia, with physical offices opening as the pandemic subsides.
Just writing out all of the things we accomplished this year is truly remarkable. But there’s one more milestone we saved for last. If you’ve been to our website before, you might notice it looks a little different today. This morning we relaunched ownbackup.com with our new branding and messaging. But more importantly, the new site is designed to make it easier for our prospects and customers to navigate and find the information they’re looking for. Since you’re already here, take a minute to look around and learn about our solutions and how we help.
Here’s to an even better seventh year and more reasons to celebrate in 2021!